Rain

I was reading over some of my old notes on Facebook and came across this one. It has always been one of my favorite things I've written and reminds me of a time in my life when I had finally figured out how to fit the pain in my life without falling apart.

I'm sitting in the house that I work at, reading blogs on the internet, and listening to the rain pound on the roof and watch it run down the skylights. There's not a sound in the house, the kids are still asleep, the TV is turned off, no music on the computer, just the rain. I am reminded of the Mercy Me song, Jesus, bring the rain.

And I know there'll be days
When this life brings you pain
But if that's what it takes you to praise you
Jesus, bring the rain.

I was watching Grey's Anatomy yesterday and most of the most memorable quotes were about pain. Pain is so real, but so is the healing from Jesus Christ. There are many lessons to be learned from pain, you can't escape it, but you can control how you handle it. I am not always the best person to handle pain, I handle it all wrong, and I know that. But I also know the wonderous, miraculous healing from pain given by the one and only Heavenly Father.

The rain always paints a picture of healing for me. As the rain heals the earth, Christ heals our hearts and lives. He washes away our sins and makes us whole again. Sometimes it is treacherous, there's a lot of wind and flooding and we reach our breaking point, and sometimes it's ever so gentle and a sweet reminder that He is still there and that He loves us.

Jesus, bring the rain.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment