Lonely

Zach is gone this week. He's still in Houston, but doesn't get to come home to me at night. I hate it. I don't know whether it's harder knowing he's in Houston and I still can't see him or when he's in Florida or Georgia or something.

I got a lot done today though, I feel very productive. Cleaned most of the house, changed the sheets on the bed and wrote out the list for thank you cards. The day and evening didn't seem too bad.....until it's night. I'm laying here, freshly showered, in clean sheets, in a huge bed.....alone. I hate the feeling. I hate having to go to sleep without his arms around me. I hate waking up in the middle of the night and reaching out for him and he's not there. I hate waking up in the morning and not being able to kiss him. Summers are tough for youth ministers and their families. If you're not lucky enough to join your husband on his trips, you don't see him much during the summer. It's the only time I feel jealous of his job and wish he had a normal 9-5 job. But he is happy and where God wants him to be, so I will work through it. I know over the years it will probably get easier, I'll get used to it, or get a job where I have vacation and get to go with him. But for now, it's just sad and lonely. Pray for me, guys, if you think about it? I miss him, but know he's doing great things for the Lord, and I need to be ok with that.

In other news...

I'm looking forward to this weekend where we don't have anything planned. I'll be glad waking up Saturday morning and laying around with my husband and getting things done around the house. But the next weekend....IT'S ON! We're going back to SA, Decemer's End is playing in the semi-finals for Summer Sounds and I'm so excited for them! I'm also glad we're going to get to stay more than 24 hours this time. Stoked.

Y'all have a good night. I'm going to think for a while, talk to Jesus, possibly sleep. We'll see. <3

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me sad. I know how that aweful, wrenching feeling sinks in past your bones. You two are one now, so it's really hard when he's gone. Campbell and I can't go more than three nights apart. And even then I put all the kids in bed with me cause I hate that "big empty bed" thing you were talking about.
Whenever you're lonely, call or text, okay?
Love you
~Sunny

Post a Comment