OVERREACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went to a funeral today, Zach's cousin Janelle's grandmother. It was a beautiful service and I really feel like I got to know her just hearing people talk about her. It was obvious she loved her family and loved her Jesus. The whole time I was sitting there, all I could think of was that in the next couple weeks I'm going to be sitting at the funeral of my own grandmother. She has just decided that it's her time and if God's not going to call her home right now, she's going to do something about it. So she's starving herself to death. She hasn't eaten anything or drank a significant amount of water or anything else in over a week. The doctor came in and told my mom to basically make her comfortable and that it would take 2-3 weeks for her to be successful. As sad as this is, I am ok with it. My grandfather died almost 3 years ago and she hasn't been the same since he's been gone. They were married for 62 years, all her kids are grown with kids of their own that are grown and some have kids of their own. I can understand she thinks her purpose here on earth is over; and maybe it is. She wants to go see Jesus and her husband, and I really can't blame her. The greatest day is when she falls asleep and wakes up in the arms of Jesus and sees Paw-Paw waiting for her.

After the funeral, we drove to SA to see Mandy and Chris and hang out for the weekend. I am so excited to be here and already don't want to leave. It was as it always has been, we just pick up where we left off. There have already been conversations about when we're moving up here. I can't wait. Of course there have also been conversations about when we're having babies! We're newlyweds, it's bound to happen. We have decided to wait at least a year before trying, but have come to terms that if God wants to give us a baby now, then we'll get through it and we'll of course love to have a baby.

Well, it's time for all night talks, laughing til your stomach hurts, and awkward stories that always end with the awkward cat playing the piano (Mandy will know what I mean...)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karie!!!

I'm so glad you're here! I love you and it was a blast last night. :) 2:30am is early bedtime for us. I'm so thankful for you in my life. Zach is a blessed man.

~Sunny Insomniac (otherwise known as "Mandy" for some reason...)

Beautifully Broken said...

I'm pretty thankful for you in my life as well. It sucked leaving...but we'll see you soon! Congrats on winning last night!!!! I wish we could have stayed to see you win. But July 24th, we're staying the entire weekend...we want to see you win again!

Post a Comment